Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Principles of Design : Unity

Critique
     There is a mint-green background with five overlapping circles, all different colors. The circles are outlined in black which makes it stand out more. The colors of the circles are lavender, light pink, peach, dark pink, and turquoise.
    The repetition is the repeating circles. The think that is being constrasted is the background color to the black. The dark pink circle is being emphasized because its not overlapped. It has symmetrical balance. The elements of design all work well together to create unity.
    I’m not sure if it has a meaning. The example had influenced me and gave me an idea to create this.
    I think that the piece is successful. The elements of design work together to create unity. I think that it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment